We always find the merchant processes to be quite the dilemma. Our clients really fight these decisions as well. So I finally did some digging and research and found a new solution that we’re pulling through on all of our accounts.
Our first lesson, learned the hard way, is that the easy route was NOT the best option.
Infusionsoft has partnered with WePay. It’s known as Infusionsoft Payments. Most of our clients jump on that bandwagon, because it’s an all in one solution, and has no monthly fees. The merchant fees are an industry standard, and it can most times just take seconds to set up your merchant and have it integrated with Infusionsoft.
BUT HOLD UP!
Something cheap and easy? With banking? With your money!?
Don’t. Do. It.
I am HIGHLY advising all my clients to move off WePay (Infusionsoft Payments) and move to PayPal Payflow Pro as their merchant/gateway. (Or another one, I just personally prefer PayPal for their awesome support!)
We are having major issues, across many accounts, with WePay (Infusionsoft Payments)
Here are some of them:
- WePay (Infusionsoft Payments) does not have phone support. A bank without live support is sketchy and impossible to contact when problems arise. You’re in business to make money, so don’t hire a monkey bank to manage it.
- WePay (Infusionsoft Payments) only offer email support. However, they go 36-hours between communications, so 1-2 weeks can go by and still have no resolution to the issue at hand.
- WePay (Infusionsoft Payments) will randomly close out the ticket before the problem has been resolved. And then it’s a repeat of step B above. Talk about driving a person to levels of insanity!
- WePay (Infusionsoft Payments) are randomly holding money on some of our client accounts, without notifying anyone of this, and regardless of the deposit notices still being emailed. Upon trying to get a resolution to this (via email – see step B again), they will say 1-2 days for review on the account, yet weeks will pass with no resolution. I literally have an account right now that has $13K on lockdown for 7-weeks and counting!
- WePay (Infusionsoft Payments) are having connection issues with Infusionsoft, and again, circles in support. We actually had one support guy at WePay (Infusionsoft Payments) tell us to cancel our Infusionsoft account and just start all over. Uhm….what!? We’re convinced he was on non-prescription drugs.
- If you ever have to process a refund that is older than 30-days, you have to email WePay (Infusionsoft Payments). You can’t do it through the online portal. Of course, again, circles.
So we recommend PayPal Payflow Pro instead. (Or anything else, for that matter! Authorize.net and PowerPay are other solutions too, just not an all-in-one.)
We love PayPal for their support, steadiness, and solid history. I’ve personally developed a relationship with them since 2002. And there’s been no hiccups whatsoever. Proven!
To get your business set up on PayPal Payflow Pro:
- It will cost $30/month for the PayPal Pro business account, which is required.
- By going with PayPal Pro as your merchant, you don’t have to pay for the gateway! You get it free. F-R-E-E! Whoo-hoo. An all-in-one solution.
- It will cost $99 for the one-time setup fee.
- Merchant rates are 2.9% + 0.30/transaction.
- Deposits made to your bank account daily.
- It takes 2-3 days for the complete setup process due to the approval of the new account, and bank account verification.
- They have live, US-Based support that is phenomenal. My favorite part!!
Want help transitioning? Need any other help on your Infusionsoft account? Let's talk it over.